Apr 17, 2011
Bebo, founded in 2005, was late in arriving to the social networking party and has always lagged behind social networking giants such as MySpace, Facebook and Twitter. Someone at AOL made the massively ill-advised decision to purchase the website in 2008 for $850 Million. Bebo continued to lag, resulting in AOL making the decision to re-sell it for a reported $10 Million in 2010. Bebo is likely to remain an also-ran, and if you are tired of waiting for your friends to come back to the site, delete your Bebo account and move on.
Learn about the benefits of minimizing your online footprint.
- Proceed to Bebo.com and sign in to your account.
- Click the arrow next to your user icon in the upper-right corner of the page, and then click “Settings.”
- Scroll to the bottom of the window and click the “Cancel my account” link.
- Type your Bebo password, and then enter your reason for wanting to delete your Bebo account.
- Click the “Cancel my Bebo account” button.
The page changes to show a message confirming that your Bebo account is deleted.