Apr 19, 2011
Classmates.com was founded in 1995 to provide a way for recent high school graduates to maintain contact with their classmates, share memories and make sure that they are notified of upcoming reunions. One of the largest problems with Classmates.com is the fact that it charges members to communicate with one another. You might have been willing to pay for this service a decade ago, but why would you do so today, when all of the people you want to keep in touch with are most likely members of free social networking websites? Delete your Classmates.com (Memory Lane) account with these steps.
Note: Since the publishing of this article, we have received dozens of emails from people who seem to be under the impression that MacGateway.com is somehow affiliated with Classmates/Memory Lane. We cannot assist with any billing or customer support issues and ask that you contact the company directly to resolve these.
Learn about the benefits of minimizing your online footprint.
- Proceed to Classmates.com and log in to view the “Account Home” page. If you have not used Classmates.com in several years, you might need to use the user name and password recovery page to obtain your login information.
- Open a new browser window or tab and proceed to the Classmates.com / Memory Lane account cancellation page.
- Click a radio button to indicate why you want to delete your Classmates.com account.
- Click the “Remove Registration” button.
- Click “Yes.” This cancels your Classmates.com account and displays a confirmation message.