Mar 29, 2011
DeviantART is a free resource where aspiring artists can upload their work to have it viewed and critiqued by others. In addition to other members, DeviantART makes your work available to the public, who can find it using search engines. If you are an artist who has gone professional and launched your own website, therefore, you may not want your old work to remain visible on DeviantART for others to see. Delete your DeviantART account to prevent your old work from clogging up the search engines.
Learn about the benefits of minimizing your online footprint.
- Proceed to the DeviantART website and log in to view your profile page.
- Hover the mouse cursor over your name at the top of the page, and click “Settings.”
- Click “Deactivation” under “Personal” on the left side of the page.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Yes, deactivate my account.”
- Type your password and click “Yes, send me the verification email.”
- Check the email address associated with your DeviantART account for a message titled “Deactivation of your DeviantART account.”
- Open the message and click the account cancellation link. This brings you back to the DeviantART website.
- Click the “Yes, deactivate my account” button.
- Open the drop-down menu and indicate your reason for wanting to cancel your DeviantART account.
- Click the “Yes, deactivate my account” button. Your DeviantART account is now deleted.