Apr 2, 2011
Flickr is one of the world’s most popular photo sharing websites, but if you aren’t a professional or semi-pro photographer, how much do you really use your Flickr account? Chances are that it only stores a few pictures of yourself and your friends — maybe from several years ago. Chances are that even you have little interest in looking at them again, so why are they still out there in the search engines for anyone to see? Delete and cancel your Flickr account with these simple steps.
Learn about the benefits of minimizing your online footprint.
- Proceed to Flickr.com and log in.
- Open this link in a new browser window or tab: Delete your Flickr account
- Click “OK — Next.”
- Type your password a second time and click “Sign In.”
- Click the check box to confirm that you understand you will not be able to get your pictures back from Flickr. You do have them on your hard drive, right?
- Click “Delete My Account.”