Jun 26, 2011
Foursquare is a social networking website that allows you to use your mobile phone to broadcast your current location to friends on services such as Twitter. Foursquare might help you discover new and interesting locations in your community, but you might also find that it becomes boring after a while. You might also find that you simply do not want to let your friends know where you are every minute of the day. If you have decided not to use Foursquare any longer, delete your account to protect your privacy.
Learn about the benefits of minimizing your online footprint.
- Proceed to Foursquare.com. Click the “Log In” link, and enter your email address and password to continue.
- Click the “Settings” link at the top of the page.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click the gray “delete your account” link.
- Click a check box to indicate why you wish to delete your Foursquare account.
- Click the red “Delete Account” button.
- Type the password for your Foursquare account, and then click the green “Confirm” button.
- Click “OK.” This deletes your Foursquare account and returns you to the front page of the site.