Jul 3, 2011
Your Google account is the central identity through which you access all Google services including Gmail, YouTube, Blogger, AdSense and AdWords. In most cases, a user would only want to delete accounts for individual Google services, because when you delete your Google account, you delete all of these accounts simultaneously. However, that may be exactly what you want to do. You can delete your Google account with these steps.
Learn more about the benefits of minimizing your online footprint.
- Proceed to Google.com. Click the “Sign In” link in the upper-right corner of the page, and provide the email address and password associated with your Google account to continue.
- Click the “My Account” link at the top of the page.
- Click the “Edit” link next to “My Products.”
- Click “Close account and delete all services associated with it.”
- Click the check box next to each Google service that your account is associated with. This confirms your understanding that you are deleting your account with every Google service.
- Type your Google account password.
- Click “Yes, I want to delete my account.”
- Click the check box to indicate that you are responsible for any pending financial transactions, such as AdWords campaigns.
- Click the “Delete Google Account” button. This deletes your Google account and displays a confirmation message.