Jun 27, 2011
Groupon is a website that presents one deal each day for many major metropolitan areas in the United States. Using the power of group purchasing, Groupon is able to offer prices significantly below retail, while merchants reap the reward of selling in high volumes. Groupon stores your credit card information, so if you have signed up, purchased something and do not intend to purchase again, you should delete your account to protect your financial information. Unfortunately, Groupon does not have a feature that allows you to delete your account automatically. However, this article will direct you through the process of contacting Groupon’s support department with a request to cancel your account.
Learn more about the benefits of minimizing your online footprint.
- Proceed to Groupon.com. Click “Sign In” in the upper-right corner of the screen, and enter your email address and password to continue to the home page.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click “Contact Us” in the lower-left corner.
- Click the “Support Page” link.
- Scroll down, and type your email address and city.
- Click the “Reason for contacting” drop-down menu, and select “None of the above.”
- Click the “Description” field, and type a brief message indicating that you would like to delete your Groupon account.
- Click the “Send Request” button to send an email to Groupon’s support department.
Note that you can also send an email directly to support (at) Groupon.com. If you do so, you should send the message from the email address associated with your Groupon account. Groupon claims that they can respond to most support requests within 24 hours.