Oct 4, 2011
LastPass is a service that allows you to store all of your online passwords in a central location and use them by providing a master password in your Web browser. Although LastPass can enhance your online security, it can also be a liability if you stop using it or switch to another password manager while keeping your LastPass account active because anyone who knows your master password can log in to your account at LastPass.com and see all of your saved passwords in plain text format. If you no longer use your LastPass account, delete it with these steps.
Learn more about the benefits of minimizing your online footprint.
- Open a browser and proceed to the LastPass Delete Your Account page.
- Type the email address and password associated with your LastPass account.
- Click a check box to indicate why you want to delete your LastPass account, and if applicable, fill in the text field below to add any additional information about why you will no longer be using LastPass.
- Click the “Delete My Account” button.
- Click “OK” twice. This displays a message notifying you that your LastPass account has been deleted and all of your saved passwords have been destroyed.
- Uninstall the LastPass application to remove any passwords stored on the local computer.