Jun 27, 2011
LivingSocial is one of many companies that has recently gained notoriety through massive advertising campaigns on Google AdSense and other networks. LivingSocial partners with local merchants in regions around the world to offer one heavily discounted deal each day. Merchants enjoy high-volume sales, and consumers enjoy significant markdowns. However, after being a member of LivingSocial for a while, you may have found that there are few deals in your region that you want to take advantage of. If this is the case, your LivingSocial account is a liability, because if you have ever made a purchase, your credit card information is linked to your account. Although LivingSocial currently has no automatic account deletion feature, we will walk you through the process of contacting LivingSocial’s customer service staff to have your account deleted manually.
Learn more about the benefits of minimizing your online footprint.
- Proceed to LivingSocial.com. Click the “Login” link at the top of the page, and then enter your email address and password to continue.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click the “Help” link.
- Click “Submit a Help Request.”
- Type your contact name and email address.
- Click the drop-down menu next to “Is this about today’s deal?” and select “No.”
- Click the next drop-down menu, and select “I have another issue.”
- Click the “Details” field, and type a short message indicating that you want to cancel your LivingSocial account.
- Click the “Finish” button.
This sends a message to the LivingSocial customer service department indicating that you want to delete your account. LivingSocial should receive and respond to the request within a few business days.