Nov 2, 2011
Mint.com is a powerful Web-based tool that allows you to manage all of your finances from a central location. Mint.com downloads your account balances and recent transactions automatically using account information you provide when you sign up. If you no longer find Mint.com useful and have stopped using it, your account can be an enormous liability because anyone with access could view sensitive details about your financial status. Delete your Mint.com account with these steps.
Learn more about the benefits of minimizing your online footprint.
- Proceed to Mint.com and log in to your account.
- Click the Your Profile link at the top of the page.
- Click the Settings tab at the top of the window if it is not selected already.
- Scroll to the bottom of the window and click the red Delete Your Mint Account link.
- Click the Yes, delete my Mint account link.
- Type your Mint password and click the Finish button.
- Click OK to log out of Mint.com. Within minutes, you should receive an email confirming that Mint has cancelled your account. All of your financial information is deleted automatically within 48 hours.