Mar 24, 2011
The popularity of MySpace has undergone a drastic reduction since the mid-2000s, culminating in a March 2011 report stating that the website had lost 10 million unique visitors between the months of January and February alone. You may have friends on MySpace, but chances are that they have left their accounts dormant for years, preferring more popular websites such as Facebook and Twitter. Do you really want those pictures of your legendary college frat parties haunting you in the future? Delete your MySpace account and move on to greener pastures.
Learn about the benefits of minimizing your online footprint.
- Proceed to MySpace.com and log in.
- Click “My Stuff” at the top of the page, and then click “Account Settings.”
- Click “Cancel Account” under “Account Settings & Privacy” on the left side of the page.
- Click the “Cancel Account” button.
- Select the reason why you want to delete your MySpace account, and then click “Cancel Account.”
- Type any comments that you might have, and then click “Cancel Account.”
- Check the email address associated with your MySpace account for a message titled “(Name), please confirm your MySpace account cancellation.” Open the message.
- Click the cancellation link in the message. This returns you to MySpace.
- Type the email address associated with your MySpace account, and then click “Cancel Account.”
This cancels your MySpace account and schedules it to be deleted. The process will be complete within 48 hours.