Apr 9, 2011
Tumblr, founded in 2007, is a micro-blogging website that encourages people to post short text blurbs, pictures and videos. Most Tumblr blogs feature nothing other than reposted content from other Tumblr blogs, which tends to lead to very little interesting and original content being posted. If you are tired of your Tumblr account — and we can’t say that we blame you — delete it and move on to greener pastures.
Learn about the benefits of minimizing your online footprint.
- Proceed to Tumblr.com and log in to view your account dashboard.
- Click the “Account” button at the top of the page, and then click “Preferences.”
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the “Delete Your Account” link in the bottom-right corner.
- Click inside the “Confirm Password” field and type your Tumblr password.
- Click “Yes, delete my account.”
- Click “OK.” This deletes your Tumblr account.