Aug 3, 2011
Weebly simplifies the process of creating a website by breaking the entire website design process down into a selection of widgets that you can drag and drop into your page layout. Weebly earns points for ease of use but loses them for being essentially a closed platform; should you decide to move your content to another platform such as WordPress, there is no simple way to take your content with you. It must remain on Weebly’s servers. If you have decided that you no longer want to use your Weebly account, delete it with these steps.
Learn more about the benefits of minimizing your online footprint.
- Proceed to Weebly.com. Click the “Log In” button in the upper-right corner of the screen and type your email address and password to continue.
- Click the “Account” tab at the top of the page.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the “Click Here” link under the “Delete Account” heading.
- Clear the “Notify me of future improvements” check box if you do not want to hear from Weebly in the future.
- Click the “Delete Account” button. This returns you to the front page and displays a message confirming that your Weebly account has been deleted.