Apr 22, 2011
The video sharing website YouTube has been around for many years and holds millions of videos. If you have a YouTube account, you may have uploaded videos some time ago that you would now prefer others not to see. You do not need a YouTube account to view content, so if you have no interest in uploading new videos to YouTube, delete your account.
Learn about the benefits of minimizing your online footprint.
- Proceed to YouTube.com and sign in to your account.
- Click the box next to your YouTube user name at the top of the window, and then click “Account.”
- Click “Manage Account” on the left side of the window.
- Click “Close Account.”
- Type your reason for wanting to delete your YouTube account, and then click the “Close Account” button. A warning window appears to explain that canceling your YouTube account will remove all of your videos and comments from the site.
- Click “Close Account.” This deletes your YouTube account and returns you to the login window.
Your YouTube account is linked to your Google account, which you use to manage your other Google services such as GMail. Deleting a YouTube account does not delete your accounts with other Google services.