May 1, 2011
Amazon.com is one of the oldest and most popular eCommerce websites. Amazon began primarily as a seller of books, later expanding into music and movies. Today, Amazon has opened itself up to third-party merchants, and nearly anyone can list any type of product on the website. However, you may prefer to shop at other websites. If this is the case, remove your credit card information from Amazon and ask them to delete your account to remove your personal information from their database.
Learn about the benefits of minimizing your online footprint.
- Proceed to Amazon.com and log in to your account.
- Click the “Your Account” link in the upper-right corner of the window.
- Click “Manage Payment Options” under the “Payment Methods” section of the window.
- Click the “Delete” button next to each credit card stored on your account, and then click “Confirm.” Do this until you have removed all of your credit cards from your Amazon account.
- Click the “Help” link in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Click the “Contact Us” button on the right.
- Type a message to Amazon indicating that you would like your account to be deleted. Amazon responds to most customer service emails within 12 hours.