Jul 12, 2012
Bentley MicroStation V8i is a computer-aided drafting program that you can use to design three-dimensional objects on your computer. MicroStation V8i can be used for commercial projects such as building and product designs, or for graphic art. MicroStation V8i is a commercial product, but you can download and use a 30-day free trial version to determine whether you would like to purchase it.
- Navigate in your Web browser to the MicroStation V8i website. Click the blue Download button on the left side of the page.
- Type the required registration information including your name, address, email address and desired password. Click the Submit button at the bottom of the page.
- Check the email address that you provided in the previous step for a message from email@example.com. Open the message and click the link to confirm your MicroStation V8i registration and return to the MicroStation download page. Save the resulting file to the desktop.
- Double-click the file MicroStation_V8i_SELECTseries_2_30-day_evaluation.exe on the desktop when the download is complete.
- Click the Extract button to extract the contents of the MicroStation V8i archive to two files on the desktop. The utility closes automatically when the extraction process is complete.
- Double-click the file Install step 1 – MicroStation v8i SELECTseries 2.exe. A window titled “Prerequisites for Bentley Desktop Applications” appears. Click Next.
- Click the Next button to extract the application in the folder “C:BentleyDownloadspbda08110703en.”
- Click the Install button. This utility installs programs that must be present on the computer for MicroStation V8i to function, such as Microsoft .NET, Windows Installer and Microsoft Visual Basic. Any prerequisite already on the computer is skipped.
- Click OK when the message “The installation is complete” appears. The utility closes.
- Double-click the file Install step 2 – MicroStation v8i SELECTseries 2.exe on the desktop. The MicroStation V8i installation utility appears. Click OK.
- Click the Install button, and then click Next.
- Examine the end user license agreement for MicroStation V8i. Click the I accept the terms in the license agreement check box, and then click Next.
- Click the Change button to select an installation folder for MicroStation V8i, or click Next to use the default folder.
- Click the check boxes to indicate whether you would like the installation utility to create MicroStation V8i shortcuts on the desktop and Start menu. Click Next.
- Click the Typical button to install the most common components of MicroStation V8i.
- Click the Install button to install MicroStation V8i using the settings that you have selected. A progress bar at the top of the window displays the current installation status.
- Click the Finish button when the installation process is complete. The utility installs Bentley AutoDesk RealDWG 2010 and Bentley DGN IFilter on the computer, displaying a progress bar at the bottom of the window. When this process is finished, the bottom of the window displays the message “Installation Complete.”
- Click the Finish button to close the installation utility.